Sunday, December 3, 2006

Liberty and Knowledge - The Birth of a Blog

For years, since I was a young child, around the age of of 10 or 11 to be precise, I have had thoughts about the world around us, about its direction, its major ills and challenges. When I was that age, I would write down some of these thoughts, in notebooks, scraps of paper, or just in my memory. It was then that I started reading in earnest, and thinking, at first haphazardly, then more systematically about liberty, the nature of knowledge, and how these two were inter-related and how they could contribute to the progress of humanity.

All of these musings have disappeared, vanished into assorted waste dumps in England, Senegal, and Mexico; the countries where I lived during that part of my childhood.

I have decided to set that right and write a blog so my thoughts on these matters, however inconsequential, are not lost forever. Maybe some people will read them. Maybe some will agree. Maybe it may change the way things are... At least for some, at least in some small way. That is my hope.

The blog is going to be about all things connected with Liberty and Knowledge. It will be about Politics and Policy. Yes, with capital Ps. It will be about religion and science. It will be about the United States, and Mexico, but also about other countries that I am interested in, like France, Britain and Russia.

Reader, I hope you enjoy it. Reader, I hope you enrich it with your participation.

No comments: